Thursday, November 6, 2008

What Now?

I am inspired by President-Elect Obama to get involved, to "start the hard work", but I don't really know where or how to start. I want to work shoulder-to-shoulder with him to lift up our country, to show that Americans can and will work together to straighten this mess out, but I don't know what to do.

I did not volunteer in his campaign, because I am not a talker. I don't like talking to strangers and I'm not very good at it, so I certainly didn't see myself knocking on doors or making calls (I really hate talking on the phone). So I did nothing, except talk to some of my friends and family about my support of his cause.

Now, I want to do something. I'm sure something will surface that I can use my talents for. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: