Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm A Worrier

Our son has been struggling the last two years. He pretty much threw away his junior year of high school, and even though we've laid down the law, he continues to have problems. He and his father do not see eye to eye on much of anything. He's always been very sensitive and my husband tends to think of him as a "mama's boy".



Apparently, yesterday morning the husband noticed something about the son's bedroom window, before leaving for work. When he came home last night, he took the boy out and proceeded to read him the riot act about climbing in and out of the bedroom window (he's been grounded for weeks). They had a huge blowout in the back yard. Sooo nice!



I'm afraid our son is bordering on depression, and he needs to speak to someone on a professional level. I don't even know where to start. He's too old for his pediatrician, so I can't go there for help. Maybe I should talk to his guidance counselor at school. I'm not sure what to do.



Maybe I just need to talk to him one-on-one. It's killing me.

No comments: